Enhancements

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Hi Philip,

I've downloaded and made some enhancements to your project - namely allowing certain configuration changes to be passed from parent to child

If you would like them to be incorporated into your codeplex project could you please let me know, I'd be happy to forward the modified files on to you.

Incidentally, I would have contacted you via PM but you have that functionality turned off

Thanks

Sam

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Hi Samuel,

I would love to see the changes you made.  Unfortunately I have not been able to spend much time on this project lately.

What changes did you make?

Thanks

Philip

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Hi Philip,

I've added the ability to change the configuration values in the child package. Currently this is just the filter value of a SQL Server configuration but will be extended to include XML Configuration file locations.

The UI has had an extra tab added to accommodate this change.

I've also go plans for a further addition to allow for package property values to be set in a similar fashion to how the DTSexec utility works, i.e. specify any property in the package and assign a value to it. If I was going to do this then I would like to overhaul the UI as well to reduce rather than increase the number of tabs.

Cheers

Sam